Sign up to receive the City Newsletter, Event Info and Announcements
Citizen Concern Portal
Have a concern, problem, or issue that needs to be addressed by the City? Please click the button below to tell us about it.
Villa HiIls is a Passport Acceptance Agency. Passport processing is by appointment only.
Villa Hills processes new passports or renewals requiring form DS-11. Renewals using form DS-82 can be sent directly to the State Department.
Vacation House Check
Need your home checked while on vacation?
How Do I
Where is the Villa Hills Police Department located?
What are your hours of operation?
The Department has officers working 24 hours a day to respond to calls for service and assistance. The Administrative Office is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.
What are good examples of when to call 911?
- Crimes in Progress
- Life Threatening Situations
- Motor Vehicle Accidents, major traffic and street obstructions
- Injuries requiring emergency medical attention
- Hazardous chemical spills
- Smoke detector or Carbon Monoxide Detectors sounding
- Sparking electrical hazards
- Smoke in a building
- Any other EMERGENCY or if you aren’t sure, but feel it is serious, CALL 911
What are good examples of when NOT to call 911?
- Asking directions in the city
- Inquiring about school openings or closings
- Questions about any UTILITY OUTAGE (i.e. Power, Water, Cable TV)
- Reporting a blocked driveway
- Reporting an obstructed hydrant
- Questions about snow emergencies or parking bans
- Reporting a noise complaint
- Questions about traffic tickets
- All other NON-EMERGENCY situations
What happens if I hang up before 911 is answered?
What tips should I know for the babysitter?
When there are no adults at home every child or babysitter should have the following information posted by the phone:
- A list of emergency numbers
- Your home phone number and the address
- Any other contact information (pager numbers, cell phone numbers, neighbors numbers)
Can I call 911 from my Cell Phone? How does it know where to send my call?
- The call is free and even works from a charged cell phone that has no service
- Although cell phone technologies are greatly improving, your call will be routed to the jurisdiction in which the RECEIVING CELL TOWER is standing.
Understanding this, tell the 911 call-taker WHERE YOU ARE and verify that the 911 operator you reach is in the jurisdiction in which you need help before you start giving the emergency data.
What are some examples of things I should call the Kenton County Dispatch telephone number for?
- To report an incident to the Police Department that does not require the immediate dispatch of an officer to the scene, or when some time has elapsed since the occurrence of the incident, such as reporting an inactive burglary, an inactive theft, that took place some time ago.
- Minor NON-INJURY accidents.
- To report a crime that is NOT IN PROGRESS.
- General NON-EMERGENCY, Non-Life-Threatening situations that clearly need to be handled by police now.
What are some examples of things I should call the Villa Hills Police Administrative telephone number for (859-341-3535)?
- To ask questions about policing and criminal law (not legal advise), or help with parking situations, disturbances, speeding complaints, dog trouble, etc.
- To request records and copies of reports.
- To inquire about a towed vehicle.
- To inquire about ordinances and laws.
What do I do if I am a victim of fraud over the internet?
A growing area of crime is on the internet. This is due to both the rapid increasing popularity as well as the vast distance this means of fraud covers. If you are a victim of a scam or fraud over the internet, contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).
I filed a report with an officer. How do I get a copy of this report?
Reports can be obtained from the City Administration Office during administrative hours.
How much does it cost for a copy of my report?
- Date of Accident
- Last Name
- Local Code
- Badge # (of officer that took the report)
- Agency ORI # 0591200
I received a City Citation? What are my options?
- You may pay by check or money order via mail.
- You may pay in person at the Villa Hills City Building at 720 Rodgers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017.
- You may speak to the Police Chief about it.
- You may contest it by requesting a hearing by writing the Villa Hills Hearing Board within five (5) days of the citation date at 719 Rodgers Road, Villa Hills, Kentucky 41017. You are entitled to appeal the hearing board’s determination within five (5) days of the determination to the Kenton County District Court. Failure to request a hearing will make the determination final.
What do you need to bring with you to pick up property from the department evidence room?
Do I need an appointment to pick up property from the evidence room?
If I need to transport a gun in my vehicle, how do I do this legally?
Does the department do fingerprints for the purposes of employment and licensing?
The Commonwealth of Kentucky has partnered with the Kentucky State Police to transfer the responsibility and resources required or needed from local agencies when it comes to providing fingerprinting services. Identogo by IDEMIA is a vendor that will be providing fingerprinting services to our citizens and clients across the Commonwealth. The Villa Hills Police Department will no longer be providing fingerprinting services as Identogo will have several digital live scan fingerprint locations across the State to provide these services.
Citizens or clients needing fingerprinting services are directed to the following website with Identogo by IDEMIA: https://uenroll.identogo.com/
For further information regarding background checks, FBI fingerprinting services, etc. the following website is offered as assistance: http://kentuckystatepolice.org/background-checks/
What happens after I file a written report about an incident?
How can I speak to the detective/officer assigned to my case?
If an incident occurred in another city, can I still report it in Villa Hills?
How do I get a uniform shoulder patch?
Who can I call about solicitors coming to my house or business to see if they are credible?
Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?
Is it possible to get an extra patrol due to a temporary issue (i.e. funeral, domestic issue, etc.) or have a vacation check done while away on vacation?
How do I deal with an animal that has been hurt or endangered?
- If you see a loose dog or other animal, contact the owner if you know who they are. If you do not know who owns the animal, contact the Kenton County Dispatch Center at 859-356-3191 and they will contact Animal Control.
- Keep children inside. Wait for Animal Control to catch the animal before going outside.
- Do not pick up or touch injured animals. A bite from an animal may necessitate medical treatment for the injury and shots for rabies. This is especially true if the animal runs away before it can be caught and tested.
- If you know the animal and it is familiar with you, try to contain it to a fenced yard. Avoid pulling on it. If you injure it, it may bite you.
What should I do if I'm involved in a collision?
Trash and Recyclables Collection
The City provides waste collection once a week by private contract with Rumpke of Cincinnati, Ohio. Brush must be bundled and cut into section no longer than 4 feet and weigh less than 75 pounds. All containers must be so one man can handle them. If there are any large items or brush please call Rumpke at 877-786-7537 for a separate pickup.
Recyclables are: corrugated cardboard, newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, beverage cans, vegetable, fruit and juice cans.
For residents of Prospect Pointe, check with the Prospect Pointe Management for trash and recycling collection information.
Dogs and Cats
City Tax Bills
Property tax bills are mailed in September, and deliquent November 30th. If you have any questions or if you do not receive your bill, please call the City Clerk at 859.341.1515. The practice of mailing bills directly to mortgage companies was eliminated again this year. All bills will be mailed directly to the owners. Many mortgage companies have contacted our office to get the payment due information and we have given that via fax or phone. Tax role is furnished with the name of the homeowner of record as of January 1st of the present year. Remember that is your responsibility to obtain your tax bill. Please call if you do not receive your bill.
Homestead or Disability Exemption
Building permits and questions on zoning will be handled through the Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). Before you do any remodeling, add a fence, swimming pool, shed or etc. contact the PDS at 859.331.8980.
Villa Hills Upcoming Events
Property Tax Info
Check the current property tax amount for any property located in the City of Villa Hills.
Property tax bills are due by October 1st of each year, with a 60 day grace period. Payments received after November 30th are delinquent.
Villa Hills does not offer a discount period.
Title Companies should search for information here.
The City of Villa Hills complies with the system of lienholder notification requirements of KRS 65.8836; As a member jurisdiction of the Kenton County Joint Code Enforcement Board, our lienholder notification systems is administered by Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). To receive notifications of final orders issued within the City of Villa Hills, please sign up utilizing the link below.