Contact Information

City of Villa Hills Administration

720 Rogers Rd
Villa Hills, KY 41017
859.341.1515 phone
859.341.0012 fax

Villa Hills Police Department

719 Rogers Rd
Villa Hills, KY 41017
859.341.3535 phone
859.341.3579 fax

24 Hour Police Contact Numbers

Non-Emergency: 859.356.3191
Emergency: 911

Email Sign-Up

Sign up to receive the City Newsletter, Event Info and Announcements

Click to Sign-Up

Citizen Concern Portal

Have a concern, problem, or issue that needs to be addressed by the City? Please click the button below to tell us about it.

Citizen Concern Portal

Passport Information

Villa HiIls is a Passport Acceptance Agency. Passport processing is by appointment only.

Villa Hills processes new passports or renewals requiring form DS-11. Renewals using form DS-82 can be sent directly to the State Department.

State Department Info

Vacation House Check

Need your home checked while on vacation?

Vacation House Check

How Do I

Where is the Villa Hills Police Department located?

We are located at 719 Rodgers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017. Our Administrative office phone number is 859.341.3535.

What are your hours of operation?

The Department has officers working 24 hours a day to respond to calls for service and assistance. The Administrative Office is open 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

What are good examples of when to call 911?
  • Crimes in Progress
  • Life Threatening Situations
  • Fires
  • Motor Vehicle Accidents, major traffic and street obstructions
  • Injuries requiring emergency medical attention
  • Hazardous chemical spills
  • Smoke detector or Carbon Monoxide Detectors sounding
  • Sparking electrical hazards
  • Smoke in a building
  • Any other EMERGENCY or if you aren’t sure, but feel it is serious, CALL 911
What are good examples of when NOT to call 911?
  • Asking directions in the city
  • Inquiring about school openings or closings
  • Questions about any UTILITY OUTAGE (i.e. Power, Water, Cable TV)
  • Reporting a blocked driveway
  • Reporting an obstructed hydrant
  • Questions about snow emergencies or parking bans
  • Reporting a noise complaint
  • Questions about traffic tickets
  • All other NON-EMERGENCY situations
What are some examples of things I should call the Kenton County Dispatch telephone number for?
There are countless things you should use the Campbell County Dispatch regular dispatch line 859.356.3191 for, but here are a few guides to follow:

  • To report an incident to the Police Department that does not require the immediate dispatch of an officer to the scene, or when some time has elapsed since the occurrence of the incident, such as reporting an inactive burglary, an inactive theft, that took place some time ago.
  • Minor NON-INJURY accidents.
  • To report a crime that is NOT IN PROGRESS.
  • General NON-EMERGENCY, Non-Life-Threatening situations that clearly need to be handled by police now.
What are some examples of things I should call the Villa Hills Police Administrative telephone number for (859-341-3535)?
Remember that this number is primarily for calls during Office hours 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday.

  • To ask questions about policing and criminal law (not legal advise), or help with parking situations, disturbances, speeding complaints, dog trouble, etc.
  • To request records and copies of reports.
  • To inquire about a towed vehicle.
  • To inquire about ordinances and laws.
Can I call 911 from my Cell Phone? How does it know where to send my call?
Yes, you can use 911 from a cell phone. There are a few things to consider before dialing:

  • The call is free and even works from a charged cell phone that has no service
  • Although cell phone technologies are greatly improving, your call will be routed to the jurisdiction in which the RECEIVING CELL TOWER is standing.

Understanding this, tell the 911 call-taker WHERE YOU ARE and verify that the 911 operator you reach is in the jurisdiction in which you need help before you start giving the emergency data.

What happens if I hang up before 911 is answered?
At the Kenton County Dispatch Center all the information is displayed even though the caller has hung up. The Center will attempt a call-back to see if there is an emergency. The dispatcher may send a police unit to verify the situation.
What do I do if I am a victim of fraud over the internet?

A growing area of crime is on the internet. This is due to both the rapid increasing popularity as well as the vast distance this means of fraud covers. If you are a victim of a scam or fraud over the internet, contact the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).

If an incident occurred in another city, can I still report it in Villa Hills?
No. Any report you make regarding an incident, must be made in the city in which the incident occurred.
What should I do if I'm involved in a collision?
If you are involved in a minor collision where there are no visible signs of injury to persons involved and the vehicles are drivable then move your vehicle out of the traveled portion of the roadway. Cars left in the road contribute to traffic back-ups, which can cause other collisions. After you are safely out of the way, call the police 859.356.3191 and exchange driver information.
What happens after I file a written report about an incident?
The department reviews each report written to insure completeness and sufficient information to conduct a follow-up investigation. If the case is a felony the case it is transferred to the Detective for further development. If it is a misdemeanor the officer is expected to follow-up on the case. Both the officers and detective are expected to make contact with the victim at regular intervals and let them know the progress of the case.
I filed a report with an officer. How do I get a copy of this report?

Reports can be obtained from the City Administration Office during administrative hours.

How much does it cost for a copy of my report?
The report is free for individuals involved in the accident, incident, etc. The report will cost $5.00 for insurance companies and lawyers. The report can be obtained online at, you will need the following information:

  • Date of Accident
  • Last Name
  • Local Code
  • Badge # (of officer that took the report)
  • Agency ORI # 0591200
How Do I submit an Open Records Request?


 In order to comply with the Open Records Act contained in Chapter 61 of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, the following rules and regulations shall be followed by the City of Villa Hills:

I.  All requests for inspection of public records of the City of Villa Hills must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, 720 Rogers Road, Villa Hills, Kentucky 41017. Request must be sent by mail, or by email to [email protected].  Requests for City of Villa Hills records sent to any other     office of the City must be forwarded to the City Clerk’s Office immediately.

The request must be in writing and include the following information.  (A form is attached to aid citizens in making their request and also for City Departments to give out in response to requests).

  • Name, mailing address, email address (if applicable), and telephone number of the individual requesting to inspect the records.
  • The specific record(s) of which the requestor wishes to inspect or to receive a copy.
  • Whether the records are requested for commercial or non-commercial use. If requested for commercial use, a certified statement stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used.
  • Verification the requestor is a resident of Kentucky as defined in KRS 61.870.
  • Signature of the requesting party.II. The Office of the City Clerk is the official custodian of all records of the City of Villa Hills. Office hours normally are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., local time, Monday through Friday, except for recognized holidays and other times as may be established by the City Clerk for the efficient operation of the City Clerk’s Office.
  • Upon receipt of a written request, the City Clerk’s Office will respond within five working days. If the records requested are open for public disclosure, the City will either provide copies of the requested records, or set a time when a requestor may inspect the requested records.  If the set time is not convenient for the requestor, the City Clerk’s Office will attempt to coordinate a new inspection time convenient to all parties, but it may exceed five working days.  If the requested record is not open for public disclosure, the City will notify the requestor and provide the exception to the Open Records Act under which the request falls.
  • For public records requested in standard format for non-commercial purposes, the City Clerk may, at their discretion, charge 10 cents per page for photocopied material. If the requested information is in electronic format, the cost of the media and any mechanical processing may be charged.  Additionally, the City Clerk may charge postage fees.  The City will not charge for staff time required to reproduce records for non-commercial use.  Any fees shall be paid before copies are made.
  • For public records requested for commercial purposes, the City may require the requestor to enter into a contract which will include the fees charged by the City. The City will charge staff time required to produce copies of the records.  Any fees shall be paid before copies are made.III. The City Clerk shall make every effort to be as responsive as possible to the public regarding access to City records. For that reason, the City Clerk’s Office requires the cooperation of all departments and offices of City government.  Failure of any employee to cooperate shall be viewed as a direct violation of the City’s Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook and the employee shall be subject to the disciplinary actions set forth in those Policies.

    IV.  Certain records are not public records. Those which are not public are specified in federal and state law or rulings of the Attorney General or Courts.  The City of Villa Hills will not make those exempted records available for public inspection.


EMAIL:  [email protected]
PHONE: (859) 341-1515

Do I need an appointment to pick up property from the evidence room?
Yes. You will need to contact the Property Room Officer and make an appointment for the release of the property. The property is secured and can only be released by the Property Room Officer.
What do you need to bring with you to pick up property from the department evidence room?
You will need a valid picture Identification card and your case number.
Does the department do fingerprints for the purposes of employment and licensing?


The Commonwealth of Kentucky has partnered with the Kentucky State Police to transfer the responsibility and resources required or needed from local agencies when it comes to providing fingerprinting services. Identogo by IDEMIA is a vendor that will be providing fingerprinting services to our citizens and clients across the Commonwealth. The Villa Hills Police Department will no longer be providing fingerprinting services as Identogo will have several digital live scan fingerprint locations across the State to provide these services. 

Citizens or clients needing fingerprinting services are directed to the following website with Identogo by IDEMIA: 

​For further information regarding background checks, FBI fingerprinting services, etc. the following website is offered as assistance:

I received a City Citation? What are my options?
  • You may pay by check or money order via mail.
  • You may pay in person at the Villa Hills City Building at 720 Rodgers Road Villa Hills, KY 41017.
  • You may speak to the Police Chief about it.
  • You may contest it by requesting a hearing by writing the Villa Hills Hearing Board within five (5) days of the citation date at 719 Rodgers Road, Villa Hills, Kentucky 41017. You are entitled to appeal the hearing board’s determination within five (5) days of the determination to the Kenton County District Court. Failure to request a hearing will make the determination final.
How can I speak to the detective/officer assigned to my case?
Call 859.341.3535 and your call will be directed to the right person or email the officer who made the report.
Who do I call to ask about someone who has been arrested?
All information about people in jail can be obtained by calling the Kenton County Detention Center at 859.363.2400.
Is it possible to get an extra patrol due to a temporary issue (i.e. funeral, domestic issue, etc.) or have a vacation check done while away on vacation?
Yes. Please call 859.341.3535, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. If the Administrative office is closed you may call 859.356.3191 and ask to speak with a Villa Hills officer.
What tips should I know for the babysitter?

When there are no adults at home every child or babysitter should have the following information posted by the phone:

  • A list of emergency numbers
  • Your home phone number and the address
  • Any other contact information (pager numbers, cell phone numbers, neighbors numbers)
How do I get a uniform shoulder patch?
At this time we currently do not honor these requests due to the cost of patches and the issues caused by the events of 9/11. We are sorry that we can not honor your requests.
Who can I call about solicitors coming to my house or business to see if they are credible?
You can call the City Building at 859.341.3535, Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, to see whether or not person(s) are authorized to solicit within the city limits of Villa Hills or are a legitimate organization
If I need to transport a gun in my vehicle, how do I do this legally?
The gun should be unloaded and in the trunk of the vehicle.
How do I deal with an animal that has been hurt or endangered?
  • If you see a loose dog or other animal, contact the owner if you know who they are. If you do not know who owns the animal, contact the Kenton County Dispatch Center at 859-356-3191 and they will contact Animal Control.
  • Keep children inside. Wait for Animal Control to catch the animal before going outside.
  • Do not pick up or touch injured animals. A bite from an animal may necessitate medical treatment for the injury and shots for rabies. This is especially true if the animal runs away before it can be caught and tested.
  • If you know the animal and it is familiar with you, try to contain it to a fenced yard. Avoid pulling on it. If you injure it, it may bite you.
Trash and Recyclables Collection

The City provides waste collection once a week by private contract with Rumpke of Cincinnati, Ohio. Brush must be bundled and cut into section no longer than 4 feet and weigh less than 75 pounds. All containers must be so one man can handle them. If there are any large items or brush please call Rumpke at 877-786-7537 for a separate pickup.

Recyclables are: corrugated cardboard, newspapers, plastic bottles, glass bottles and jars, beverage cans, vegetable, fruit and juice cans.

For residents of Prospect Pointe, check with the Prospect Pointe Management for trash and recycling collection information.

Dogs and Cats
The City has a Leash Law, this requires the licensing of all dogs and cats in the city. License can be obtained at the Kenton County Animal Shelter. The cost is $5.00. The registration and license period shall be between January 1st and December 31st of each year. It is unlawful to keep any one residence, within the city limits, more than five dogs or cats or any combination thereof. The exception is that the owner or person’s), who has custody of a dog or cat, may obtain the puppies or kittens, for a period of twelve weeks after the birth of the animals.
City Tax Bills

Property tax bills are mailed in September, and deliquent November 30th. If you have any questions or if you do not receive your bill, please call the City Clerk at 859.341.1515. The practice of mailing bills directly to mortgage companies was eliminated again this year. All bills will be mailed directly to the owners. Many mortgage companies have contacted our office to get the payment due information and we have given that via fax or phone. Tax role is furnished with the name of the homeowner of record as of January 1st of the present year. Remember that is your responsibility to obtain your tax bill. Please call if you do not receive your bill.

Homestead or Disability Exemption
If you are a homeowner residing in the home and are 65 years of age you may be eligible to receive the Homestead Exemption on your property tax bill. If you are a homeowner with a disability you may be eligible to receive the Disability Exemption on your property tax bill. Please contact the Property Valuation Administrator’s office at 859.392.1750 to apply. You do not need to apply for this exemption with the City of Villa Hills; if approved by the PVA office, you will automatically receive the deduction on your city tax bill.
Building Permits

Building permits and questions on zoning will be handled through the Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). Before you do any remodeling, add a fence, swimming pool, shed or etc. contact the PDS at 859.331.8980.

Villa Hills Upcoming Events

Property Tax Info

Check the current property tax amount for any property located in the City of Villa Hills.

Property tax bills are due by October 1st of each year, with a 60 day grace period. Payments received after November 30th are delinquent.

Villa Hills does not offer a discount period.

Title Companies should search for information here.

Please be aware that it takes 2 business days for online payments to show as paid online.  We receive an email immediately when a payment posts, so please call the office if you don’t receive an email receipt and we can let you know if the payment was processed.

View Property Tax Info

Lienholder Database

The City of Villa Hills complies with the system of lienholder notification requirements of KRS 65.8836; As a member jurisdiction of the Kenton County Joint Code Enforcement Board, our lienholder notification systems is administered by Planning and Development Services of Kenton County (PDS). To receive notifications of final orders issued within the City of Villa Hills, please sign up utilizing the link below.

Leinholder Notification