Sign up to receive the City Newsletter, Event Info and Announcements
Citizen Concern Portal
Have a concern, problem, or issue that needs to be addressed by the City? Please click the button below to tell us about it.
Villa HiIls is a Passport Acceptance Agency. Passport processing is by appointment only.
Villa Hills processes new passports or renewals requiring form DS-11. Renewals using form DS-82 can be sent directly to the State Department.
Vacation House Check
Need your home checked while on vacation?
Villa Hills Open Records Request
CITY OF VILLA HILLS
RULES AND REGULATIONS RELATING TO PUBLIC RECORDS
In order to comply with the Open Records Act contained in Chapter 61 of the Kentucky Revised Statutes, the following rules and regulations shall be followed by the City of Villa Hills:
I. All requests for inspection of public records of the City of Villa Hills must be submitted to the City Clerk’s Office, 720 Rogers Road, Villa Hills, Kentucky 41017. Request must be sent by mail, or by email to [email protected]. Requests for City of Villa Hills records sent to any other office of the City must be forwarded to the City Clerk’s Office immediately.
The request must be in writing and include the following information. (A form is attached to aid citizens in making their request and also for City Departments to give out in response to requests). OAG Open Records Form
- Name, mailing address, email address (if applicable), and telephone number of the individual requesting to inspect the records.
- The specific record(s) of which the requestor wishes to inspect or to receive a copy.
- Whether the records are requested for commercial or non-commercial use. If requested for commercial use, a certified statement stating the commercial purpose for which the records will be used.
- Verification the requestor is a resident of Kentucky as defined in KRS 61.870.
- Signature of the requesting party.
II. The Office of the City Clerk is the official custodian of all records of the City of Villa Hills. Office hours normally are from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m., local time, Monday through Friday, except for recognized holidays and other times as may be established by the City Clerk for the efficient operation of the City Clerk’s Office.
- Upon receipt of a written request, the City Clerk’s Office will respond within five working days. If the records requested are open for public disclosure, the City will either provide copies of the requested records, or set a time when a requestor may inspect the requested records. If the set time is not convenient for the requestor, the City Clerk’s Office will attempt to coordinate a new inspection time convenient to all parties, but it may exceed five working days. If the requested record is not open for public disclosure, the City will notify the requestor and provide the exception to the Open Records Act under which the request falls.
- For public records requested in standard format for non-commercial purposes, the City Clerk may, at their discretion, charge 10 cents per page for photocopied material. If the requested information is in electronic format, the cost of the media and any mechanical processing may be charged. Additionally, the City Clerk may charge postage fees. The City will not charge for staff time required to reproduce records for non-commercial use. Any fees shall be paid before copies are made.
- For public records requested for commercial purposes, the City may require the requestor to enter into a contract which will include the fees charged by the City. The City will charge staff time required to produce copies of the records. Any fees shall be paid before copies are made.
III. The City Clerk shall make every effort to be as responsive as possible to the public regarding access to City records. For that reason, the City Clerk’s Office requires the cooperation of all departments and offices of City government. Failure of any employee to cooperate shall be viewed
as a direct violation of the City’s Employee Policies and Procedures Handbook and the employee shall be subject to the disciplinary actions set forth in those Policies.
IV. Certain records are not public records. Those which are not public are specified in federal and state law or rulings of the Attorney General or Courts. The City of Villa Hills will not make those exempted records available for public inspection.
JENNIFER LIPSON, CITY CLERK
720 ROGERS ROAD
VILLA HILLS, KENTUCKY 41017
EMAIL: [email protected]
PHONE: (859) 341-1515