General Website Usage
The privacy of citizens of the City of Villa Hills and visitors while using our website is of the utmost importance. To protect that privacy, this website is certified with a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol. This protocol encrypts communications and transactions.
No personal information of any kind is collected when users interact with the website. The only information that may be collected is email addresses of those communicating with city staff, users’ IP addresses, which pages each user accesses, and information provided voluntarily through surveys, house checks, email sign-up, etc. This information is not sold or distributed in any way to a third party. Please be aware that this website is subject to applicable public records laws.
When accessing the City’s website, your computer hard drive automatically saves small pieces of information, called cookies, containing information about the usage of the website, the user’s browser information, and the date. These are intended to improve customer service and are not threatening to your privacy. This information is for purely analytical purposes and will not be distributed in any way. Please note that your browser settings can be changed to prevent cookies from being stored.
The City of Villa Hills employs the use of a Facebook account to promote events and activities to a broad audience. All communications through this account will remain professional in nature and are subject to best practices standards. Only authorized staff will publish content onto Facebook with this account. Failure to behave in a professional or ethical manner may result in your account being blocked from the City’s account. Please be aware that interactions on social media platforms such as Facebook are public and permanent and may be subject to public records laws.
General Security Tips
The following tips are recommended by the Kentucky Department for Local Government:
· Never put your credit card number or other personal information in unencrypted email.
· Before you enter your sensitive information into any website make sure the browser connection is secure by verifying that the URL contains “https://”. A lock symbol in the bottom right corner of the browser window may also be used.
· Make sure you are not using an old web browser.
· Keep your web browser up-to-date by installing security patches or upgrading to a new version on a regular basis.
· Always be cautious when login, financial, and personal information are entered.