In an attempt to reduce the need for an officer to respond to minor accident calls, and to eliminate the wait time for those involved in the accident, we are providing a link to file a Civilian Collision Report in the State of Kentucky.  These are for collisions that are minor in damage, not blocking, non-injury, and do not require a towing service. An example would be for parking lot collisions.  Exchange driver’s license and insurance information with the other party, then you can complete the form online at home.

Please follow this link to submit the report information online:

Any person operating a vehicle on the highways of the state who is involved in an accident resulting in any property damage exceeding five hundred dollars ($500) in which an investigation is not conducted by a law enforcement officer shall file a written report of the accident with the Department of Kentucky State Police within ten (10) days of occurrence of the accident upon forms provided by the department.  DO NOT COMPLETE THIS REPORT IF THE TRAFFIC COLLISION WAS INVESTIGATED BY A POLICE OFFICER.